Sweet potato is one of the most amazing root vegetables – And we love them!! It works with the Paleo diet so we are going to talk about sweet potato Paleo – the sweetness and delicious taste but for not being high in complex carbs and sugars!
Many people ask is sweet potato Paleo? YES!
Given the name you would think that Sweet potato would not work with a healthy eating diet plan such as the Paleo diet, but that’s where you would be wrong. In fact for many lifestyle diets sweet potato is simply incredible. Sweet potato paleo has a ring to it!
Here are some sweet potato Paleo plus points:
- They are very filling, you’re getting nutrients but not feeling bloated.
- Sweet potatoes are very easy to cook.
- Paleo looks for items that are organic – tick!
- Sweet potato contains nutrients that help you sleep, perfect for recovery after a work out.
- No need to add salt, butter, milk etc to make sweet potato mash. – yum!
- Not expensive.
- They actually last quite a bit longer than a regular white potato – and you don’t get the alien arms/eyes growing!
- Sweet potatoes are versatile like white potatoes, + easier to mash!
Sweet potato is actually pretty cheap in most places, in the UK you can buy 1 KG of potatoes, roughly 3 sweet potatoes for 70p, so that’s $1.10 ish.
For more info check this page out
Here are some ways to cook sweet potato:
- Boil them
- Broil them
- Sauté them
- BBQ them < all that sound familiar? (It’s Time To Burn loves Forrest Gump, perhaps a little too much….)
- Oven bake them, then scoop out the deliciousness, or peel off the skin and mash!
- Make soup
- Chip them
- Wedge them
- Roast them – with some fresh rosemary
I NEVER use a microwave – how could that be sweet potato Paleo?
The Paleo solution is a way of life that focuses on less carbs than proteins, and those carbs not being heavy or complex. Also cutting out food in your diet with additives. Sweet potato Paleo makes incredible sense.
Click here for the It’s Time To Burn Paleo quick start guide! Yours completely free!