If you’ve started the journey on eating the Paleo way – congratulations! You’ll soon discover that it’s a fantastic way to eat healthily, by ensuring you only eat clean, lean food! You can enjoy your meals without the constant burden of counting calories. By eliminating processed foods, the Paleo diet presents a brilliant challenge to food lovers – to craft delicious meals that are satisfying, enjoyable and full of nutrition too! And this spicy, classic Mexican dish certainly rises to meet the task, it’s a quick and easy Paleo lunch idea that any level of cook can construct.
Time for Paleo lunch!
Combining the rich smoky flavours of cayenne pepper and paprika, alongside juicy tomatoes and peppers, these spicy eggs are perfect for a satisfying breakfast to prepare you for a big day. Creamy avocado slices add texture and flavour, amping up the spicy tastes for added effect. Known in Mexico as the ‘breakfast of champions’ – it’s also ideal for a weekend brunch, especially if you’ve had a big night the evening before, but is just as delicious enjoyed at the end of the day, as a warming and nutritious dinner.
Here’s what we will be making:
Let’s get cooking!
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 2 Green/Spring onions
- Handful of spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado
- Using a small, or omelette pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil
- Add the onions, finely chopped
- Slice the pepper and add this to the pan
- In a bowl mix the cayenne pepper and smoked paprika to the tomatoes, then add these to the pan
- Crack the eggs into the pan and gently cook until the egg white is solid
- - Optionally you can now place the pan under a pre-heated grill
- Remove from the pan and serve with sliced avocado
For more Paleo lunch recipes take a look around here
Oops! We could not locate your form.