Think pancakes are off the menu for a Paleo breakfast?
Think again! Almond pancakes with toasted strawberries are a simple and easy way to bring pancakes to the breakfast table!
You could easily switch this up to create lots of variety to your Paleo breakfast: change the strawberries to raspberries, change the almonds to pecans for example or even make these with coconut flour and bananas.
Using this method as a delicious paleo friendly base you can make a wide variety of pancakes – and NEVER get bored!
Let’s make some Paleo breakfast pancakes!
- 1 cup of Almond flour - a perfect paleo friendly ingredient
- 1 Free Range Egg
- 150 ml of Almond milk
- Washed Strawberries
- Washed Blueberries
- 1 Banana
- Almond flakes
- Heat a pan and toast the flaked almonds, add strawberries and heat slightly. You will need nothing in the pan as the strawberries should be slightly wet from being washed.
- Ensure they do not burn but just toast to bring out the flavour, paleo breakfasts aren't just about nutrition!
- Take off the heat and Set aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, or a large jug whisk together the egg, almond milk and flour until a smooth batter forms. If you feel the mixture is too runny add a an extra spoon of almond flour.
- Heat the pan on a high heat, add a dribble of oil just to ensure the pancake batter doesn't stick!
- Add some of the mixture and gently move around the pan.
- After just a few moments, flip and cook the other side.
- Repeat this step and create a stack of paleo breakfast pancakes.
- Throw the strawberry and almond flakes mixture on top and tuck in!
Enjoy! Tell me what you will cook in the comments below!