Whilst it’s undoubtedly true that our cave-dwelling ancestors won’t have eaten muffins, that doesn’t mean to say that you can’t enjoy this delicious treat as part of a Paleo breakfast. Because fresh fruit and vegetables are on the list of Paleo permitted foods, there are a number of different paleo friendly breakfast muffins you could make, depending on your favourite flavours, including this one for blueberry muffins! Also, click here for more delicious Paleo breakfast ideas!
Let’s get to it!
- 200g almond flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 50ml macadamia oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (about 15ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 150g chopped blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade, gas mark 3
- Sift the almond flour, salt and baking powder into a medium-sized bowl
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and add the macadamia oil and lemon juice
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients in the medium bowl until completely combined
- Chop your blueberries
- Fold in the chopped blueberries
- Carefully spoon the mixture into paper or silicone muffin cups or a greased muffin tray. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, until lovely and golden!
Enjoy your Paleo breakfast muffins!
When you bake muffins for breakfast, you can add some of your other favourite fruits, such as sliced bananas or chopped strawberries. In fact, you can add any fruit that you feel would complement the blueberry flavour. One of the best things about baking muffins is that you can freeze either the batter or the cooked muffins, if you can resist them, that is!
We’d love you to let us know with a comment below!