A good brownie strikes the perfect balance between soft, gooey and rich texture and a deep, chocolately flavour. With a combination of coconut oil, coconut flour and really dark chocolate, these Paleo brownies tick all the right boxes for a really satisfying treat. Swapping sugar for dates enhances both the flavour and the texture, giving a sweet taste as well as moreish softness. With a handful of freeze-dried raspberries thrown into the mix, the touch of fruity sharpness perfectly offsets the chocolate. Simply a perfect Paleo snack or dessert.
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup unrefined coconut butter, melted
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 10 large soft dates (stones removed) soaked overnight
- 75g dark chocolate
- 50g freeze dried raspberries (can use other fruit if preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C, 325°F, Gas mark 3.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together the flours, cocoa, salt and baking powder until combined.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Once light and fluffy, combine gently into the flour mixture.
- Blend the soaked dates in a food processor until smooth.
- Remove the date puree and combine with the flour and egg mixture.
- Follow with the melted coconut butter, and mix until even.
- Break the dark chocolate into small chunks and mix into the mixture, along with the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into a medium sized shallow baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done, a knife should come out cleanly from the centre, though it may still be quite soft.
- Remove and allow to cool, before cutting into pieces.
- Dig in - Your paleo brownies are ready!
Friends and family should love these Paleo brownies! I know I do!
If you make these please share your thoughts – our growing forum has more recipes and tips!