A hint of paprika and mature cheese gives these stuffed peppers a moreish flavour that’s great for a quick 5:2 diet lunch or a new twist to your warm 5:2 diet snacks recipes. Make them ahead and store for when you’re peckish later, or enjoy them straight from the oven. With vibrant colours and filled with anti-oxidants, this tasty little meal is an ideal family hit, and is super healthy too.
5:2 Diet Snacks the whole family will love
This recipe is perfect for sharing. Serves two at only 200 calories per serving, it’s a staple for a 5:2 diet meal plan.
- 2 whole bell peppers
- 124g tinned sweet corn
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 20g low fat mature cheese, grated
- 1 medium sized white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the peppers by slicing off the top parts neatly, and leave aside. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Remove the seeds from the peppers, and keep whole.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet corn, cheese, onion, mustard, oil and herbs.
- Spoon mixture evenly inside each pepper and cover with the top of each pepper. Place in a small casserole dish and bake for 15-18 minutes.