Here’s an excellent addition to your 5:2 diet snacks list: Mini Eton Mess. A classic fuss-free dessert, this recipe never fails to impress, perfect for those special me time or for entertaining guests. With a combination of fresh fruit, crispy meringue shells and a sweet, creamy filling of Greek yoghurt, this makes for a deliciously satisfying dessert that you can enjoy without worrying about the numbers (your guests will absolutely love them). This recipe serves four at only 97 calories per serving!
Fast, Easy and Delicious 5:2 Diet Snacks
- 4 meringue shells
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 100g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 20g caster sugar
- Crumble the whole meringue shells into rough chunks.
- In a separate bowl, crush raspberries roughly with a fork, leaving a mixture of whole fruit and crushed fruit with juice. Keep 4 aside for decoration.
- Combine the Greek yoghurt with sugar in a bowl, and whip lightly until it has a fluffy texture. If the yoghurt is already very thick, you do not need to do this.
- Fold in the crushed fruit, then gently fold in crushed meringue shells. Divide mixture evenly into four bowls and top with a raspberry.
Check out more deliciously healthy and low calorie recipes here. You’ll be amazed at how much flavor these menus pack!
Now you too can prepare nutritious, low calorie snacks fast and easy with this handy shopping list you can print and take with you.
Images from flickr
Oops! We could not locate your form.