Eating on the 5:2 diet doesn’t mean resigning yourself to tasteless ‘diet’ or low fat food for two days a week, and you might just be surprised to discover that you can still indulge in a juicy, tempting steak – while still playing by the rules of the 5:2 meal plan! By reducing your calorie consumption to 500-600 calories for two days a week, while eating normally for the remaining five days, you can not only help your weight loss goals, but find that you have more energy through the day too.
Our 15 minute 5:2 diet recipe
Without a single ‘low fat’ or cheat ingredient involved, this delicious, flavour-filled recipe is perfect to enjoy for lunch or at the end of the day. With the high protein content of sirloin steak, you will be left feeling fuller and more satisfied for longer, without the post-meal energy slump of a high carb meal. Paired with juicy cherry plum tomatoes, olives and chilli, relish the Mediterranean taste of this delicious recipe. Coming in at just over 300 calories per serving, this leaves you with plenty of space to enjoy snacks or light meals through the rest of the day too.
- 200g sirloin steak
- 1tsp olive oil
- 8-10 cherry plum tomatoes
- ½ red chilli
- 4 pitted black olives
- Flat leaf parsley – for serving
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 °C, 400 °F, or Gas Mark 6
- Preferably remove the steak from the fridge around 20 minutes before cooking
- Rub your steak with the oil and set aside
- Place the tomatoes and olives in an oven proof dish, finely chop the chilli and throw on top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Whilst these are cooking heat a pan until hot, do not oil the pan
- Place your steak in the pan and cook to your liking.
- Serve with a few flat leaf parsley leaves
5:2 diet recipes really are this easy!
Oops! We could not locate your form.