If you’re enjoying the 5:2 diet but need some easy 5:2 diet recipes, here is one I think you will very much enjoy! This richly flavoured rustic stew is ideal for a delicious, satisfying and hearty dinner. Packed with lean rabbit meat, chunky vegetables and a fragrant herb-filled gravy, it is a great option for a mid-week meal, with little fuss and no complicated recipe to go through! It’s also a wonderful meal for slow cookers – simply load up with your ingredients, and look forward to a warm, tasty and nutritious dinner, at the end of the day.
How is this a 5:2 diet recipe?
At just over 300 calories per serving, this filling dish is surprisingly low in calories, and fits in perfectly alongside a 5:2 diet, without leaving you feeling peckish. Combining a nutritious mixture of all your dietary essentials, this stew ensure you can enjoy the 5:2 diet without having to compromise. Eat it straight on its own as it is, or If you prefer, you can also add a small portion of rice or bread if you prefer to have all your calories in one meal. With a combination of protein-rich meat, a variety of vegetables and an array of herbs to give a dense and aromatic flavour, this stew is guaranteed to become a favourite on your menu – for everyday of the week!
Let’s get cooking!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 rabbit
- 1 white onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of thyme (dried of fresh)
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 200 ml of white wine
- 150g mushrooms
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pepper to season
- - Large casserole dish
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C, 350 °F, Gas mark 4
- Portion the rabbit
- Heat the oil in the casserole dish (on the hob), and brown your rabbit portions
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic
- Roughly chop the carrots, celery and mushrooms
- Add ingredients to the dish
- Bring to the boil then to simmer
- After 5 minutes cover and place the dish in the oven for 1 hour
- Garnish with fresh black pepper
Delicious and easy!
Oops! We could not locate your form.