Being on the 5:2 diet means you can have up to 600 calories on your fast days. Making those calories count is all important! This recipe will not only blow your taste buds but is perfect after a long day of fasting. Try our 5:2 diet meal plan recipe below… oh, and enjoy!
Another amazing 5:2 diet meal plan recipe
Bubbling hot and delicious, this warm, welcoming meal is the perfect winter warmer, that’s low in carbs and packed with wonderfully filling minced beef. Juicy, sweet tomato sauce and molten mozzarella oozes out of layers of baked aubergine, which acts as the perfect addition to giving this dish impressive structure. A little fresh green salad is the ideal refreshing side to such a rich dish.
Lean Beef Parmigiana
- 1 whole aubergine, sliced thinly
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500g lean mince beef
- 125g half fat mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat oil and add chopped onions. Sauté until softened.
- Add crushed garlic, bay leaf and dry herbs. Stir through.
- Add tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer until it begins to thicken. Remove bay leaf and leave aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat aubergine slices with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Slices shouldn’t be more than 3-4 mm thick. Place on a baking tray on a greaseproof sheet, and grill at a low heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until slices are slightly dehydrated on both sides.
- In a separate pan or skillet, heat to a high temperature and cook beef until it is no longer pink. Allow to cool and leave aside.
- In a large baking dish, line the bottom with slices of aubergine – about ½ or 1/3 of the slices should be enough. Add a layer of beef, followed by tomato sauce, and continue layering aubergines/beef/ sauce.
- Once complete top it off with mozzarella slices.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 170 degrees, until the sauce starts to bubble at the sides.
What’s your favourite 5:2 diet meal?
Oops! We could not locate your form.